Paddock stand alternative needed

If your problem does not fall into the above catagories, hopefully you will find some answers here. Posting restricted to registered users.
OZZYSBIKES
AntiSpam: No

Paddock stand alternative needed

Post by OZZYSBIKES » Sat May 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Can anyone help with advice as to what paddock stand can be used for the rear instead of the original Honda one,
Does anyone fabricate an alternative ?
I have looked at where the Honda stand fits and wondered if anyone has tried one of the front paddock stands that have two small bars that lift the bottom of the forks, do those work to locate in the recess in the swingarm and is the bike stable ?

My engine is just about rebuilt and I want to fit the hybrid VF1000R/NS400R rear wheel to the bike along with the 520 chain and sprockets,

Thanks for any help

Channel Hopper

Re: Paddock stand alternative needed

Post by Channel Hopper » Thu May 23, 2019 7:28 pm

I have front and rear stands but would not use the 'peg' version on anything except the front forks.

The rear stand has two 90 degree rubber mounts, with adjustment on each for swingarm width, and the assembly is installed from the rear with its own wheels before turning through about 100 degrees.

Looks like this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-MO ... 7675.l2557

but possibly with more meat, fits all the VF bikes range as well.

OZZYSBIKES
AntiSpam: No

Re: Paddock stand alternative needed

Post by OZZYSBIKES » Mon May 27, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi Channel hopper,

Thanks for reply and information, I will have a look at getting one of those, I have found that the front paddock stand that I already have does work pretty well, it seems stable enough to swap wheels etc,
I will take your advice and get the type you have recommended

Cheers

Roll on the good weather I can't wait to get out on my NS with the overhaul of the engine plus some minor modifications/improvements