Brake and clutch levers

If your problem does not fall into the above catagories, hopefully you will find some answers here. Posting restricted to registered users.
OZZYSBIKES
AntiSpam: No

Brake and clutch levers

Post by OZZYSBIKES » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Has anyone fitted different brake and clutch levers to their bike ? I am wanting to fit some of the adjustable span type levers but don't know which if any are suitable,

Advice appreciated

My engine will be rebuilt and ready to put back in the bike this weekend, can't wait to get her running again with the problems sorted out

Channel Hopper

Re: Brake and clutch lev

Post by Channel Hopper » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:15 pm

Surely the span will be down you your reach and comfort whilst riding.
How old are you ?
How good are the front brakes?
How good is your eyesight ?
How good is your riding ?
How much do you trust your engine rebuild ?

The only advice I could give for fitting levers is to look at your last crash and think, 'was it down to something other than the manufacturer fitted as standard when they sold it to me' ?

paule

Re: Brake and clutch levers

Post by paule » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:02 am

OZZYSBIKES

Post by OZZYSBIKES » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:16 pm

There's no one on this forum that can do a better job of rebuilding their engine than I can, including the ones that charge for it,
Hopefully that answers whether or not I trust the engine rebuild !

As for the rest, irrelevant really !

The Classic race replicas website doesn't have any of the adjustable span levers,

There's nothing wrong with what Mr Honda has spent millions designing and producing over the last 60 years

My riding by the way is of an incredibly high standard both on and off the road having proven myself in competition on tarmac and dirt

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:36 pm

The thread title mentioned both brake and clutch, presumably as a matching pair.

Your riding technique will have an impact (keeping one or two hovering fingers over both sides), as well as the size of your hands, the number of miles you might be doing in one go, and even the thickness of your gloves.
Road, track or both ?
Notwithstanding age, height, weight, riding position, existing wrist injuries, carpal tunnel issues etc.

paule

Post by paule » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:51 am

OZZYSBIKES wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:16 pm
There's no one on this forum that can do a better job of rebuilding their engine than I can, including the ones that charge for it,
Hopefully that answers whether or not I trust the engine rebuild !

As for the rest, irrelevant really !

The Classic race replicas website doesn't have any of the adjustable span levers,

There's nothing wrong with what Mr Honda has spent millions designing and producing over the last 60 years

My riding by the way is of an incredibly high standard both on and off the road having proven myself in competition on tarmac and dirt
Odd when I click on the brake lever it says added to basket?!

OZZYSBIKES

Post by OZZYSBIKES » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Even stranger is that when I go on the site there's only adjustable brake lever and not an adjustable span clutch lever !
Maybe you have a higher authority than me,
As in the original post, I was looking for matching brake and clutch levers,
There's nothing wrong with the old bikes or levers but things progress ! If you look at most more recent bikes they have adjustable span levers, it's a case of subtle improvement and the feel through your hands is rather important in my humble opinion

paule

Post by paule » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:42 pm

well I can only apologise.

Bikes like my old blades only the brake is span adjustable and (foolishly now I realise) I assumed you would be ok with that and adjusting the clutch lever with the funny knurled knob medial of the lever like us oldies do...

There's like a gazillion universal adjustable levers out there, I was trying to find something oe looking for you..

Sorry, I wont bother wasting your time anymore...

OZZYSBIKES

Post by OZZYSBIKES » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:40 am

Good