Bleeding brakes!!

Upgrading or servicing, find your answers here. Posting restricted to registered users.
BARNETBOYO
AntiSpam: No

Bleeding brakes!!

Post by BARNETBOYO »

Having a bit of trouble bleeding front brakes, took r/h calliper off to clean etc and now can't get any fluid at all through, is there a special method, back bleeding or something I'm missing?? Also the rear calliper bottom bolt should it slide quite freely (the sleeve) mine was very tight and now brake is binding badly!! Thanks for looking. Alan....

Alastair

Re: Bleeding brakes!!

Post by Alastair »

Brakes bleed normally. You must have an issue.

Post up a pic of the rear caliper bolt.

Mark

Post by Mark »

Blleding should be straight forward as long as you haven't stripped the system or removed hoses.

Try suspending the calipers above the bike overnight, with the bleed nipples uppermost and then bleed them in that position.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

BARNETBOYO

Post by BARNETBOYO »

For some reason I can't upload a picture, is it because I am using the iPad? It's the bottom Bolt sleeve where the bolt goes through the caliper, with the rubber bit on either side. It's very tight and probably doesn't move without a fair bit of pressure applied. Can I push it out without damaging the rubber covers to clean and free it off? The rest of the caliper is in good condition and the piston moves fairly easily!

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Yup, that one is supposed to slide. Silicone grease only from memory.

BARNETBOYO

Post by BARNETBOYO »

Thanks for that, looks like I got an excuse to spend a bit of time in the garage again!!! Any ideas why I can't upload pictures??

woody194

Post by woody194 »

Hi

A vac pump works really well especially if you got braded hoses a the bore is quite small
I think you get one for 20 odd quid on fleabay
Stu

Other bikes CBR1100 Blackbird & ZX7R P5

BARNETBOYO

Post by BARNETBOYO »

Thanks for the replies chaps, I had another go yesterday and after a couple of mins it just bled perfectly, the lever is spot on no sponginess at all. Happy days!! Thanks for your input much appreciated!!