clock-restriction

The bit everyone hates, electrical problems. Hope you find your fix here. Posting restricted to registered users.
2Takt

clock-restriction

Post by 2Takt »

Hello!What do u know about the clock rest.?
There is a +1 wire from the clock.If we plug off this one we will solve the problem or the bike won't work anymore?:)
NSR 250 (for sale),NS 400,CR 500 (supermoto),RZ 500 (in progress)

Ian
Site Admin
AntiSpam: No
Location: UK, Near the middle................................

Post by Ian »

2Takt

!

Post by 2Takt »

Yes,thanks.I have read it already. :) But I wouldnt be smarter.
Somebody said I need this chip,otherone said this is totally unneccesary bec in the '80s they didnt use electornical power restriction...what is the truth now?
I would like to know if we dont plug the clock wire my bike will work or not?
Ian wrote:Zoli - viewtopic.php?t=1959
NSR 250 (for sale),NS 400,CR 500 (supermoto),RZ 500 (in progress)

Sean7R

Post by Sean7R »

hi 2takt, ive had a set of clocks like your, i stripped the speedo down and all this unit does is turn on a speed light (55mph),there was a plug with three wires going into it, there is no ignition control on it or connected to it, mine was a jap import. hope this helps. sean7r

scramjet
AntiSpam: No

Re: clock-restriction

Post by scramjet »

Can anyone help with either fixing a speedo or getting a speedo replacement . Mine made very disturbing grinding noises before going off scale and smashing the needle .

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

You don't mention whether mph or kph. Ian Wright would be my first port of call, failing that - Ebay.

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper »

Alastair wrote:You don't mention whether mph or kph. Ian Wright would be my first port of call, failing that - Ebay.

Scramjet has mentioned kph in this earlier thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3302&p=17331#p17331

Since the speedo is however cable driven, I do believe the problem might be better resolved by taking it apart and repairing the internal components, I would hazard a guess earlier crash damage or drop would have moved the magnet too close to the spinning plate. A needle from any other Honda from the same era should be peanuts.