NS400R RearSets

If your problem does not fall into the above catagories, hopefully you will find some answers here. Posting restricted to registered users.
MarkBevans
AntiSpam: No

NS400R RearSets

Post by MarkBevans »

In building a bike from spares I do not have any rear set foot pedals, frame to peg mounts/shifter/brake lever/pegs.
Did anyone ever make these for the NS400R

Thanks kindly, Mark
1985 NS400r junkie

MarkBevans

Re: NS400R RearSets

Post by MarkBevans »

Strange how there are companies making rearset assemblies for a lot of vintage Honda’s EXCEPT the NS400r. Be nice to know if any fit the NS400R
1985 NS400r junkie

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper »

The NS is already quite well race prepped , not only with the riding position, but the close fitting fairing, side panels and stuff like the third exhaust winding its way around inside the chassis. Matching an aftermarket design to this with limited sales probably stopped the majority of suppliers fabricating them

A reasonable number of grey imports were brought to the UK in the late 90s, with BAT motorcycles of South London being one of the nearest to here.
Many NS400s had been crashed and the most common faults were missing frame lugs or cracks. On a trackday bike, pre-race strutiny would prevent the team from continuing unless the frame was professionally rewelded, or a new one sourced

MarkBevans

Post by MarkBevans »

Most likely I’ll chase down the original rear sets, but everything I see for sale is totally trashed. I’m most likely 4-5 months away from really needing them anyway. But I am getting excited to make smoke with this project.
1985 NS400r junkie

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper »

I'll keep an eye out for some. I did buy a track bike a few years back but I think it had home made rear sets since it did not have the 400 engine inside.