Shepherd 500cc motor

Sell you NS400R stuff here. Posting restricted to registered users.
wavydavy

Shepherd 500cc motor

Post by wavydavy »

Hi all.

Long time, no see. One day I will chronicle all that happened with my bike. The short version is that, despite the builder perjuring himself in court, despite him admitting lying, despite him claiming Ian Wright had colluded with me to commit fraud and being proved to be a liar. Despite many other things where he was proven to be lying and/or obstructing and/or acting contrary to the law... The judge said it was not breach of contract as “these extra costs and delays should be expected when motorcycles are involved” and dismissed my case (at the time we went to court we were 3 years and about 4x over original quoted time/cost).

That was 3 years ago. I held on to everything in the hope that one day I might do something with it. But the scars run deep.

So I’m gonna sell it. Most of the bits aren’t worth squat.

But I have a never-run Terry Shepherd spec 500cc motor. Bottom end rebuilt by Ian Wright, including new (but used)mated cases and all parts that were worn replaced. Top end rebuilt onto that by Ron Fahron (I also have a spare set of TS185 pistons in boxes). It has been built and not run now for maybe 6 years but has, since we recovered it, been stored properly. It *will* need a strip and check before firing up, but hopefully wont need any work or parts.

I also have some “high quality” expansion chambers made by Gibson exhausts. Probably worth more to weigh in than to fit.

Anyone want to take a punt on an offer? I have looked over ebay at prices and know how much paired cases and other bits go for so I have a figure in mind, but I’m not going to be asking the world for this. But, also as a result of the defence evidence, I’m not selling at below market price even to a fellow enthusiast as that gets turned against you and used as “proof” you don’t know what you’re dealing with rather than helping out someone by selling cheap (thanks Barry...)

All bits are in Yorkshire and viewing may be arranged if you want to see what 5 years and somewhere between thirty and fifty grand (including legal fees) gets you in 6 storage boxes...

Doomman400
AntiSpam: No

Re: Shepherd 500cc motor

Post by Doomman400 »

man that is crap when stuff like that happens.
will be interested in the long version so we don't fall into the same situation.

Mark

Post by Mark »

I do vaguely remember the build thread starting for this. I've never entered a legal battle out of choice. Truth is, by the time you get to the point of legal proceedings, there will generally be two winners. The legal teams on either side.

Sounds like a sad story. Sorry to hear it didn't end well.

Do you know if the barrels were ported, or was the motor just bored out? Do you remember the spec at all?
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

wavydavy

Post by wavydavy »

Can’t remember the exact spec, but the Shepherd kit consisted of bored & ported barrels and has modified heads that run TZ single o-rings instead of head gaskets.

Photo attached of heads after vapour blasting. I have photos of cylinders before and after cleaning but jot sure you’d be able to spot the porting due to angles...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tellyman

Post by tellyman »

Hello

May be interested in engine.

Mail me a contact.

Cheers

Si

OZZYSBIKES

Post by OZZYSBIKES »

Hi

I am interested in the exhausts and possibly other parts, I am also in God's county so should be able to have a look (from a safe distance 🙂)