new owner

Needs no description. Posting restricted to registered users
premier
AntiSpam: No

new owner

Post by premier »

1st off thanks for the add i am now the proud owner of a nsr 400 jap import i have all the paperwork all in japaneesey i have started to take aprt i took of the right hnad side exhaust which was full of water i took out the 2 stoke oil container and that to had warer and oil mix i had a look in the tanks and its full of rust . I then decided to drain the engine oil no water just black oil thank god. Any one have any ideas also the bike has got a lot of what looks like salt corrosion on the nuts studs and so on . I am going to completley renovate the bike but im going the more modern route so if any one interested in exhausts and plastic body work let me know thanks in advance

Mark

Re: new owner

Post by Mark »

Hi and welcome to the forum :D

Oh dear. Exhausts full of water isn't a good start... It could have been in a leaky container or dropped in the dock for all you know...

Where did you find the bike? Do you have all the NOVA paperwork?

What condition is the bodywork in?
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

premier

Post by premier »

brought from a dealer in Newcastle under lyme I have all the documentation which I have had converted to English I am going to register it with nova I have started the tare down cylinders AND bores look great but they are now being bored out and nicolised big bore pistons from Ian on this site just waiting for the delivery of the pistons im also doing the jelly mould wheel thingee. just brought new body work from tygra and lomas exhausts I will try to submit photos

Mark

Post by Mark »

Sounds like you're making progress already.

Keep us posted? :D

premier

Post by premier »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark

Post by Mark »

The motor is back together already?