Fairing lowers.

Needs no description. Posting restricted to registered users
Mark

Fairing lowers.

Post by Mark »

Hello, I've just bought an '87 400 import which is in fairly good condition apart from the fairing lowers which are glass fibre and have started to crack! Does anyone have a standard set which they will be prepared to part with?? [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

PeterS

Fairing lowers.

Post by PeterS »

Hi,

Sorry I can't help you with the lowers but I can confirm that the original panels were ABS plastic and not glass fibre.

Perhaps the originals were patched with fibreglass?

I've just reinforced the belly pan on my girlfriends NS400R. I used an aluminium plate on the underside and a series of plates on the inside. The original belly pan is now sandwiched between 2mm thick aluminium plate, it's very sturdy and looks good (even though it's on the underside).

I've just had moulds made from my original RG500's ABS body kit so that I can replicate them in fibreglass. I'm going to run my RG dressed in fibreglass rather than the original ABS stuff. I plan to do the same for the NS400 but this will have to wait until winter (or until I get that RZ500).

Cheers
Pete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Weevsey:
Hello, I've just bought an '87 400 import which is in fairly good condition apart from the fairing lowers which are glass fibre and have started to crack! Does anyone have a standard set which they will be prepared to part with?? [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>