Footrest rubbers

Need anything for your bike? Posting restricted to registered users.
OZZYSBIKES
AntiSpam: No

Footrest rubbers

Post by OZZYSBIKES » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:00 am

Hi all,

Has anyone a source of new footrest rubbers ? My front ones are worn and would like to replace them just to improve the condition of the bike overall, I have had two sets from cmnsl and both sets are wrong, the original rubbers bolt on but I can’t find correct replacements, genuine ones if possible but spurious is ok

Thanks

Alastair

Re: Footrest rubbers

Post by Alastair » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:20 pm

They look identical to the VF400 when put side by side (rider and pillion rests), but I would have to take each off and weigh them, though I doubt Honda went for magnesium metalwork for the base of the NS ones.

OZZYSBIKES

Post by OZZYSBIKES » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:49 am

HI

Thanks for the info, I have realised that I was actually sent the correct rubbers by cmsnl, the problem is that I have the wrong bike !! I was aware that my bike is originally a Japanese market bike that was imported to the UK years ago and that is where my confusion has arisen, the footrests are one of the things that are different on the Jap market bike, I guess I am now on the lookout for UK style footrest pegs so that I can fit the new rubbers to them,

I need both rider and pillion footrest pegs if anyone has any kicking about ??

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Post an image or two of the ones that were sent by CSMNL, I also have a Japanese version of the NS here (not all, about 70% of) and I'm almost certain the frame parts are - virtually - identical to the UK one. From memory the major differences come with the clocks, plastics (front mudguard) and indicators/stalks.
If you are looking for new then I can't help, but good secondhand ones certainly.

OZZYSBIKES

Post by OZZYSBIKES » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am

Hi Channel hopper

Sorry for late reply, (like all of us I have had a lot of crap to deal with)

I know that looking at pictures my footrests are definitely different to the standard type on a UK bike, my footrest rubbers have two small studs moulded into the rubber and fasten through the alloy, if I were to change them to UK spec ones I will need front and rear pegs to make it look right,

At the moment I haven't posted any pictures so not sure how to