Rolling chassis

Need anything for your bike? Posting restricted to registered users.
wavydavy

Rolling chassis

Post by wavydavy »

If I can’t sell the refurbished 500 motor, then I need a frame to put it in.

Im not paying the stupid eBay £1500 for one with no paperwork, but I’ll pay good money (but lets not get silly, I’m not doing this for an investment, i just want to ride it) for an NS with a ****** or no motor.

Anyone selling?

wavydavy

Re: Rolling chassis

Post by wavydavy »

I’m amenable to do a trade and cash. The DRZ-E is still on French plates so I’d say thats £1500 (its in very good mechanical nick, but been used hard - gotta be worth £2500-3000 on a UK plate) towards the deal.

In exceptional circumstances I might even px my RXV450.

One of only 4 or 5 still UK registered on a private plate V2RXV…

But I’d want a whole bike (sans motor) for that swap…

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper »

I might be able to help, what parts have you got already apart from a complete engine. Carburettors, exhausts ?

Whereabouts are you ?

wavydavy

Post by wavydavy »

Got the motor and carbs and electrics and all bodywork/tank but no seat and thats about it. Once I get the rest I know what exhausts I want.

Need chassis, wheels etc. I *could* go with using the RVF front and rear in an NS chassis, but for now and given previous experience am starting with the basics.

Currently in Devon.

*near the start of the disastrous NSRVF project I sold the rolling chassis, including one-off Öhlins shock, to someone who I thought I knew for very little as he was “building up a collection of all the big strokers”…Turned out to be a lying git who was flipping stuff for a profit and he then dissed me for not knowing the value of what I sold when I did, I just thought I was helping out a fan… I’m far too naive still.

j.shaw

Post by j.shaw »

Hi,
Welcome back to the site. Does it have to be a registered frame? I bought a rolling chassis off Mat Grant yonks ago when he built his NS/RGV hybrid but he kept the registration. Still got most of it minus fork leg, not looking for stupid money. Thought I would just throw in another option! Jeff

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper »

I do have a spare chassis(not the Jap numbered one) but had put it into the rear end of the garage since it needed some threads cleaned out. The engine was the usual 'centre pot seizure' plus general 'left to rot' for many years before I acquired it, but has been in my possession since I joined this forum.

Unfortunately the wheels, brakes, electrics and ancilliaries have spent the same time in a council garage that was broken into three times, the third time destroying the roof to get in and purloin tools, a front end from another Honda plus some cast iron that was worth about £50, causing some £1.4k of damage.
I dragged all that was left back home where it has sat since.
Of course the council were not responsible for the streetlighting outside, the quality of the door-frame or the earlier attacks on the other nine garages in the same block before they broke through the additional security fixtures.

I do need to check the paperwork to make sure it is fully legit, with age related model stuff but will take photos of what I have in the next few days.

wavydavy

Post by wavydavy »

j.shaw wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:57 pm
Hi,
Welcome back to the site. Does it have to be a registered frame? I bought a rolling chassis off Mat Grant yonks ago when he built his NS/RGV hybrid but he kept the registration. Still got most of it minus fork leg, not looking for stupid money. Thought I would just throw in another option! Jeff
It needs to be road legal. As long as it has an unadulterated frame number, I guess I would be able to get an age related plate based on frame and engine numbers. Can’t be doing with a Q-plate…

wavydavy

Post by wavydavy »

No rush on anything (Its been a decade now…) but all potential offers will be considered. I just don’t call round here every day so might take a few days to reply.

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper »

Apologies for not replying earlier. A local flooding and yet another break in to the yard has put paid to many of my visits here.

I will pull the V5C this weekend and check the chassis that is in the lockup.

I did a check earlier tonight and the wheels are still here, the frame and swingarm were (as far as I could gather at the time) completely original and not spanner monkeyed.

(The later one I acquired was)

Regards

wavydavy

Post by wavydavy »

Cheers…

wavydavy

Post by wavydavy »

Sorry. No longer needed as I appear to have had a mad eBay session and bought a rolling chassis for my Terry Shepherd motor to go in…

As a spare.

If needed.

Cos I bought Ian Wright’s 475 road/track bike… 😬

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper »

Good for you :D

I can use what I have here for another day.