Wide Comstar Modifications

Upgrading or servicing, find your answers here. Posting restricted to registered users.
j.shaw

Wide Comstar Modifications

Post by j.shaw » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Finally managed to pick up a really good condition VF1000R rear wheel, already have a spare pair of standard NS wheels so looking to go the wide rim route. Does anyone have a sample bolt/nut I can use as a pattern to make a removal tool in our cutter grinder section at work before I attack the wheels? Cheers.

Channel Hopper

Re: Wide Comstar Modifications

Post by Channel Hopper » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:16 am

I have the same rear wheel, but it is not disassembled.

I can take dimensions of the bolt specifics this weekend, but I'm almost certain that in this section there is a high quality image of the bolt head.

I think you need a second ns400 rear wheel to mix and match the spokes correctly.

j.shaw

Post by j.shaw » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have a total of two sets of standard NS400 wheels plus the VF1000r rear, so have plenty to play with! I will trawl through this weekend for the photo. Might attack one of the tatty bolts with the heat gun and mole grips, but don't want to distort my sample to give to the cutter grinders here.

William
AntiSpam: No

Post by William » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:08 am

My friend help me mod this 7 node security screwdriver, to dis-assembly the wheel set and re-install front 17/2.5 and rear 17/3.5 to get 17/110, and 17/140.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

j.shaw

Post by j.shaw » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:15 am

Hi William,
Thanks for the photos. Nice bit of machining on the Allen sockets. Unfortunately the smallest end mill we have is about four mm. Hopefully I can get our cutter grinders to do something similar, otherwise it will be a cruder version with a Dremel!

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 am

j.shaw wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:15 am
Hi William,
Thanks for the photos. Nice bit of machining on the Allen sockets. Unfortunately the smallest end mill we have is about four mm. Hopefully I can get our cutter grinders to do something similar, otherwise it will be a cruder version with a Dremel!
I have an idea that someone made a commercially available socket for the security bolts. There may even be a link to it on here somewhere.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 am

j.shaw wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:15 am
Hi William,
I have an idea that someone made a commercially available socket for the security bolts. There may even be a link to it on here somewhere.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

William
AntiSpam: No

Post by William » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Mine already sold on ebay years ago, before I made I never found who made this, until I see one or more on Japan Yahoo auction, but already unavailable now, that men made a few.