NS400R lives again after 20 years - although help needed

Upgrading or servicing, find your answers here. Posting restricted to registered users.
4c8dan
AntiSpam: No

NS400R lives again after 20 years - although help needed

Post by 4c8dan »

Hi,

I bought a basket case NS400R 5 years ago which had been off the road since 1997. I disassembled to bare frame and thoroughly cleaned everything as I reassembled it. I didn't try for concourse/showroom as I want to use it.

It's clean, solid and original with no fear of hiding it's age! Finally after lots of short disparate spells of work on it I took it for an MoT and happy to say it passed. I have only done about 30 miles on it but probably smiling most of them!

Needs full bodywork prep and paint as the previous owner rattle can'd it yellow! So I'm going to try and get as close to original HRC colours. Help and guidance again greatly appreciated.

I want/need tyres - Battleaxe BT45 ? Best place to buy?

Chain and sprocket set - best place ?

And last but certainly not least I'm having trouble finding front disc rotors... I can see plenty of pattern offerings but I'm dubious not to mention they are mostly wavey which I am not a fan of.

Brembo are £88 each which seems heavy or am I out of touch?

Thanks in advance
Dan

Alastair

Re: NS400R lives again after 20 years - although help needed

Post by Alastair »

£88 each is pretty reasonable I'd have thought. Decent brand, so go for them. I think EBC also do discs

4c8dan
AntiSpam: No

Re: NS400R lives again after 20 years - although help needed

Post by 4c8dan »

Thanks, I went ahead and pleased to say fitted and ready to go. :o)

It's like a different bike and a joy to ride, I'm very pleased with it! I just hope it holds up mechanically as it's been out of action for best part of 20 years.

So far so good, I guess time will tell!

Anyone else riding around on theirs?