Drilling discs?

Upgrading or servicing, find your answers here. Posting restricted to registered users.
ColinF
AntiSpam: No

Drilling discs?

Post by ColinF »

Although my project bike isn't an NS400 i do need the help of the NS community.The bike i'm building is a replica of an HRC race kitted VF400RK TT F3 bike.It does use an NS400 front wheel,which i already have,and will probably use a rear one as well as i don't think i can get hold of an 18" in the same style.The problem at the moment is finding front discs to suit it.The bike has VF500 TRAC anti-dive forks fitted and a lot of the pattern discs available for the NS also list the VF500 as a model they fit ( i think the original discs were 1mm different in overall diameter).There seem to be a couple of different style discs for the NS, some just drilled with small holes and others with slots around the inner edge, it's the drilled type that matches the ones fitted to the bike i'm copying. I thought i'd found some on the classic race replicas web site but they've just got rid of the last ones they had in because they were not deemed fit for resale and Ian there explained that the good ones they get tend to be from the same side as the anti-dive system tends to cause uneven wear side to side.Now, the VF500 uses the same style discs but are solid, not drilled ,and they are easy to get (serviceable) and a lot cheaper than NS ones .They may wear more on one side than the other too but as they aren't drilled they're not handed rotation wise.So the question is does anyone have any of the drilled style discs that are unserviceable ( too thin or scored ) that they haven't binned yet that i could use as a template for getting solid ones drilled?Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.