premix

Bike running like a dog? This section might well answer your questions. Posting restricted to registered users.
Huub

premix

Post by Huub »

My oilpump has broken, it still is available but rather costly, so i have decided to premix the oil.
My oilpump leaked awhile and i always was worried the engine didn't get enough oil, so premix looks like a safe idea.
Does anyone now the premix ratio, i thought 1 to 40.
Thanks

blenheimrider
Location: formally Northwich, then Sittingbourne. Moved to the netherlands Now Worthing, W Sussex

Post by blenheimrider »

Hi HUUB

Messing around with premix, in my humble view, could be a recipe for disaster, having to mix and measure every time you fill up.

I have a spare oil pump I thought it leaked when I first got my bike but later discovered that it was the oil line that leaked. If you want it make me an offer and send me a PM.

as for the mixture look here http://www.ns400r.co.uk/ns400r/manual/2 ... tm/2-5.htm

Regards

Paul
GRINNING WIDER THAN A CHESHIRE CAT AGAIN.
THEN A MAN OF KENT OR IS IT A KENTISH MAN
DUTCH FOR A WHILE
NOW IN WORTHING W SUSSEX

rvt2002

Post by rvt2002 »

1:32 for me

Huub

Premix

Post by Huub »

Hello Paul
Thanks for the offer.
Pump already disconnected, i was used to fill up a jerrycan and take it home to fill up the bike.
I had some problems with the bike when running hot.
First i thought it was electrical and i changed the pickups wich indeed where bad.
The bike runned very well untill it runs hot, so then the carburetors where serviced, the cdi's checked and the fuel line, problem stil accurs.
Then new sparkplugs and cables,didn't helped.
Now i have put in a new airfilter and changed the reedvalves, wich were bad,and now the problem seems to be solved.
Another problem i had , was that when stopping at the gasstation and filling up the bike, it did't start until cooled down.
So that was one of the reasons to fill up a jerrycan.

rvt2002

Post by rvt2002 »

Sounds like you got a bad coil :?

Alastair

Re: premix

Post by Alastair »

Huub wrote:My oilpump has broken, it still is available but rather costly,
Where?

wolfboy1

premix

Post by wolfboy1 »

premix is`nt the best idear .. if you run out of fuel then you run out of oil ...

Huub

Post by Huub »

Alastair wrote:
Huub wrote:My oilpump has broken, it still is available but rather costly,
Where?
Honda Netherlands had it available for 200 euro.

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper »

wolfboy1 wrote:premix is`nt the best idear .. if you run out of fuel then you run out of oil ...
Any serious stroker will have a few cc of oil somewhere on their person.
Besides, the AA and RAC carry a bottle of the stuff, and almost all petrolstations now have a cabinet for the amber liquid.

snunch
AntiSpam: No

Post by snunch »

Hi...I've just bought my first ns400r.a 1986....im fairly new to 2 stroke and dont have a owners manual so was presuming that fuel should be premixed petrol+ oil (30-1). But reading this thread ..it seems i just fill the oil tank (under saddle) and it mixes itself ...is that correct???

Ian
Site Admin
Location: UK, Near the middle................................

Post by Ian »

Yes, the oil tank under the seat feeds an automatic pump under the engine that should, all things equal, provide the correct amount of oil to the fuel as it enters the cylinders.

You'll find a part list and workshop manual on this site - http://www.ns400r.co.uk

fredie

Post by fredie »

snunch wrote:Hi...I've just bought my first ns400r.a 1986....im fairly new to 2 stroke and dont have a owners manual so was presuming that fuel should be premixed petrol+ oil (30-1). But reading this thread ..it seems i just fill the oil tank (under saddle) and it mixes itself ...is that correct???
you do not do both . 1 or the other . welcome newbie :lol:

snunch

Post by snunch »

thanks guys