Jetting......

Bike running like a dog? This section might well answer your questions. Posting restricted to registered users.
Unobtanium
AntiSpam: No

Re: Jetting......

Post by Unobtanium »

Ardon wrote:As my NS is a jap market import I'm sure that it aint as fast as it should be and perhaps the carbs jetting is Jap land optimised and not properly set up for the UK!!

Does this make any sense??

It seems to run out of puff by 110!

Ardon...........
Hi Ardon,

Your bike will be speed restricted to 112MPH - Japanese law.

If you convert your clocks to MPH (search evilbay for converter) you'll stop the rev limiter kicking in :)

You can also go inside the clocks and snap the tab of that the needle makes contact with at 180KPH thus the CDI never gets the signal.

Jetting will be different but think more to do with atmospherics, elevation and humidity (80% yesterday) out here other than a power issue.

Mori !

Ardon

Post by Ardon »

THX Mori.................

The last time i rode it was 3.5 years ago and it was lame.

So I scored some UK clocks and derestricted the pipes -

And the bastard really flies!!!!!

I am planning on putting it on a dyno in the future ish for re jetting

so it has its maximum performance and is safe to ring the living daylights out of it!!!

It's the lakes lc rally next saturday and Ardon will be on his NS and images and video will be posted on here for your enjoyment!!!!
I LOVE MY NS EVERY TIME I SEE IT!!!.....

fredie

Post by fredie »

good one ardwan :twisted:

Mark

Post by Mark »

Ardon wrote:It's the lakes lc rally next saturday and Ardon will be on his NS and images and video will be posted on here for your enjoyment!!!!
As an ardent LC fan, won't you be opening yourself up to a spot of pi$$ taking from your fellow Elsan lovers :?: :? :shock:

Look forward to the pictures though... :)
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.