Fuel tap vent

Bike running like a dog? This section might well answer your questions. Posting restricted to registered users.
epa police
AntiSpam: No

Fuel tap vent

Post by epa police »

I ordered a CBX 550 tap repair kit that arrived today but it only has the large diaphram and I need both. My vent hole is leaking fuel because the smaller diaphram is cracked. What would happen if I blocked this hole off?

epa police

Re: Fuel tap vent

Post by epa police »

Well I went down the wreckers and bought every Honda fuel tap I could find that had a similar size diaphram set up, 7 all up including a CBR tap that has the same mounting set up and looks like the same nut size although I didnt fit it. It doesnt have a diaphram but has a better on off reserve set up and if all else fails I will fit that.
I pulled out the bits I needed and soaked them in petrol over night and so far so good. My tap no longer leaks but when the tap is switched off it still bypasses and fuel still flows while the motor is running but at a slower rate but it stops when the morot is off.

andy pandy

Post by andy pandy »

Well done you going to nit pick for a laugh whats a morot ha ha.

{IF IT AINT BROKE MODIFY IT}

epa police

Post by epa police »

Its a secret, thats what happens when your on the phone with a customer while updating a post.
Just started her up again after leaving it over night and all the fuel is in the tank still instead of the exhaust and shes idles perfect, so far so good.

andy pandy

Post by andy pandy »

Glad its worked now enjoy the NS experience have fun, i do.

{IF IT AINT BROKE MODIFY IT}