Oil cable at carb - help

Bike running like a dog? This section might well answer your questions. Posting restricted to registered users.
craig614

Oil cable at carb - help

Post by craig614 »

Hi
Have I got the washer on the correct side? I've a feeling it's the wrong way and it should be on the other side.
Plus how does this cable route down past the cylinders? Anyone got any pics of how it passes through?
Cheers Craig
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

craig614

Re: Oil cable at carb - help

Post by craig614 »

Can no-one help out?

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

You have the cable correctly attached. Route the cable along the water pipe between the cylinders. I tend to use a couple of cable ties attached with a spit if silicone to the water pipe. Aim for no sharp curves and ensure it isn't likely to touch anything hot as it will melt the sleeve. Genuine cables are NLA....

kultnorb
AntiSpam: No

Post by kultnorb »

Check the setting of adjustment screw down at the other side at the pump. The 2 marking should match at fully open throttle (if pipes are dismounted and you are able to remove the pump cover for a view). This will give you the confirmation all is setted right.
/kultnorb

craig614

Post by craig614 »

Thanks for the replies.....waiting on new throttle cables and a throttle tube to be delivered then will put it all together.
Cheers Craig