no spark at the front cylinders

The bit everyone hates, electrical problems. Hope you find your fix here. Posting restricted to registered users.
leoboxer
AntiSpam: No

no spark at the front cylinders

Post by leoboxer »

I am new here and I have troubles with the ignition of the two lower cylinder- no spark but the upright one is ok!
how is this possible? according manual the left and upright have the same impulse sensor and also CDI unit. It was running short before after handling with petrol tank it was happen. I think its only a connector or cable but which one is responsible for both lower cylinder?
thanks Leo

Samuli

Re: no spark at the front cylinders

Post by Samuli »

The two lower cylinders use the same cdi and same pick up. The cdi unit for these is bigger so should be pretty easy to find. The other cdi is for the upper cylinder. Look from the online service manual its great for tracking ignition problems.

leoboxer

Post by leoboxer »

Many thanks Samuli, that’s what I supposed, but I was confused about the online manual showing that cylinder 1-left lower and cylinder 3 upper one use the same CDI …
Ok I will focus on the big CDI but the challenge is to get access! I suppose removing upper exhaust, removing the rear suspension adjuster and so on …

Samuli

Post by Samuli »

You dont really have to remove those.
Take the seat off, then take the side panels and tank off. Then the heat shield of the cdis. Voila easy acces to cdis.

leoboxer

Post by leoboxer »

I got it! It’s the pick up - no pass but should be 200 ohm like the other one.
I don’t know why it is suddenly dead, I tried to start the bike after 2 Years in the garage. And before it runs perfect! thanks for your help!
Leo

Samuli

Post by Samuli »

leoboxer wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:34 pm
I got it! It’s the pick up - no pass but should be 200 ohm like the other one.
I don’t know why it is suddenly dead, I tried to start the bike after 2 Years in the garage. And before it runs perfect! thanks for your help!
Leo
Nice to hear that you found the problem.